Tag Archives: Social Events

Wine in the Pines, for the Good of Idyllwild, July 5th

Wine in the Pines POSTER_colorlogo-01-01Idyllwild has many nonprofits whose activities improve the life of the community. Some provide propane for the needy, some entertainment, some educational services, some art lessons and some disaster preparedness assistance. Only one, the Idyllwild Community Fund, has as its sole mission to provide grants to area non-profits to help them meet key project objectives.

Associated with The Community Foundation of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, ICF Advisory Committee members are tasked with raising money to fund these grants. Most recently, ICF agreed to fund, for three years at $2,000 per year, the Idyllwild Youth Grantmakers – a mentoring program for Idyllwild School 6th through 8th graders to teach philanthropy, how it betters the lives of people within their community, and to provide a fund of $4,000 annually for them to award to grant applicants whose missions serve youth. Youth Grantmakers are trained in reviewing grants and spend after school time over three months of training to become knowledgable about the process.

Because of this laudable new program and the need to fund it in addition to other fundraising obligations, ICF Advisory Committee members have added a new fundraising event. It is an auction with a twist featuring a fine wine bar, wonderful food and sophisticated music from Luc and Jac Jacaruso and Marshall Hawkins, our local deacon of jazz.

Community members are asked to bring silent auction pieces of value – from $25 to $300 or more. Items will be displayed during the event with bid sheets. When the item sells, contributors can elect to take 75% of the sale price, donating the remaining 25% to ICF and its mission of funding local nonprofit projects. OR, contributors can donate more than the 25%. Donating ALL would be appreciated. Three items per person. No clothing please. Also if the item has no bids at the end of the evening, contributors are asked to take it home.

Join us for an afternoon in the pines featuring:

  • a fine wine bar,  (a beer bar too)
  • a sumptuous food court,
  • a raffle of enormous proportions
  • a sophisticated  musical interlude featuring Marshall Hawkins, Marshall Smith, Jac and Lucca Jacaruso,
  • and a very special Silent Auction

Saturday, July 5th from 4-7pm among the Pines at Rainbow Inn.